The Hotmail email service, now known as Outlook, can block an email address as long as you know who you want to block .
If the following steps are used, one or more email addresses can be blocked so that you do not receive any messages from them again.
Spam, also known as junk e-mail, is a constant in the lives of anyone using any email service. That is why many Hotmail users take on the task of blocking spam email addresses .
Blocking email accounts is a very simple option that is often done. If a lot of spam is received and you can’t get rid of it, blocking that email account is a valid option.
On the other hand, if you don’t want to receive emails from a known sender, you can also block that account.
When an email account is blocked, it is not permanent, but is added to a list . But you can remove it from the list and receive messages from the sender without any problems.
How do I block an email address?
The Hotmail options are fairly easy to use and block any user takes very little time and is quite simple.
The following steps explain how to easily block a contact in Hotmail :
- The first step is to access Hotmail.com or Outlook.com, depending on the option you want.
- Then log in as you normally would.
- Then select the white gear and click More mail configuration options.
- As a fourth step, you choose Avoid e- unwanted mails and then blocked senders and safe.
- You must choose blocked senders
- Then, a form will be displayed, in which the email you want to block must be added, if it is one of them. But you can also add as many as you like to the list.
- As a last step, click the Add to list option and you will see how they appear in the Blocked senders box and they will be blocked.
You must be very careful when blocking email accounts, because you must ensure that they are spelled correctly. If there is an error, either by a letter or a different character, it will not be blocking the desired person, but a third party. This can be harmful because you can lose information from another email.
How do I remove email addresses that have been blocked?
All the steps mentioned above must be followed with the difference that the sender of the desired email is selected and the removal option is chosen . Then select the Save option and the chosen contact was successfully removed from the blocked list.
How do I remove an email address from the spam tray?
On the other hand, it also happens that Hotmail blocks unknown addresses and places them in the spam tray and not in the inbox. These users, from whom you want to receive emails, are called Safe Senders and Recipients. The safe recipients are users who do not want to block and who wish to receive in your inbox.
If for any reason there are senders in Spam, it is very easy to add them to the safe senders list.
How do I add contacts to the safe senders and recipients list?
These are the steps to follow if you want to add contacts to the safe senders list:
- As has been done before, it is necessary to log in to Hotmail.com or Outlook.com, depending on which you prefer.
- The configuration option or gear is chosen and then mail .
- Later, Options will appear and you can choose to Block or allow .
- In Safe Senders and Recipients , the user or email you want to add to the list is placed. Then Type here a sender or a domain is the text box where you must write the email you want to add and the option Include is selected.
- Choose to save and go.
Safe senders can also be removed from the list. If you want to block any senders, remove them from the list of trusted senders and change them to blocked senders, if necessary.