The Hotmail, now known as Outlook, has great functions that are unknown to most users who use the mail service.
To explain how to perform each of the actions to create control rules and filters in Hotmail, you must know what each of these elements means.
Doing these types of actions is easier than Hotmail users think it is.
These control rules make it easy for someone to use your email for everything and receive large amounts of messages. But they also work for users who want to be classified with all the messages they receive. Or, on the other hand, they want to receive notifications and notifications when a message arrives from a specific sender in the inbox.
What are the control rules in Hotmail?
Control rules are actions that are initiated with messages that arrive in the email inbox. The option is activated and you choose the action you want to take with messages that have a certain similarity.
For example, if you are subscribed to a newsletter, also known as a newsletter, you can select an action to be automatically saved in a folder of the user’s preference. This is just an example of what can be done with this action; In addition to this example, you can create multiple folders and various actions to filter messages in the inbox.
Why are Hotmail rules necessary?
By constantly working with an email service, operations become repetitive and tedious. When executing the control rules in Hmail , the actions will be performed automatically by email. In fact, the email system has templates for actions that are commonly performed by Hotmail users.
Some reasons why users use control rules are:
Create blank folders:
Receiving all the messages in the inbox is overwhelming to read the messages because it makes it look like a lot of work. For this, it is essential to change the messages to a completely blank folder to read and write each message with the importance that should be given to each one.
As previously mentioned, it is possible to make folders, for example, for a certain word that appears in the subject of all messages received to be changed to a folder that has been created for this subject. And so you can do with a problem you want and subdivide it into folders to be more organized in the email more easily and automatically. Because this action will be done with each chosen word or phrase.
Pay attention to each message, depending on its importance:
When using filters, it is also possible for notifications to be made whenever a message arrives from a certain chosen sender with the action of control rules. In addition, notifications can be sent to the same users’ mobile devices to track emails that particular person sends.
How to create a rule?
The steps that must be followed are as follows:
- The first thing is to select the Rules option and choose Manage rules and alerts, then choose File and press the Manage rules and alerts option .
- In E-mail rules, the Rules and alerts box is chosen and New rule is selected .
- In the Rules Wizard option , it is necessary to go to Step 1: select a model and, depending on the action you want to perform, choose the option of preference: Stay organized , Keep updated or Start from a blank rule .
How do I change a user’s messages to a default folder?
To perform this action, you must do:
- The first thing is to select the people or public folder option .
- Then, in the Direction of the Rule, you must choose between two options: if the Search option is selected, it is necessary to write the name of the user you want or, on the other hand, you choose the Address Book and the user is searched.
- It found that it is the appropriate email address and when it appears and s necessary to click
- Then, in the specified folder , choose Rules and alerts , choose a folder and click again
- As a last step, select the following option and then in step 3: Define conditions for a rule